Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Boobies


The blue-footed booby is a comical-looking tropical seabird with bright blue webbed feet and bluish-grey facial skin. The name Booby comes from the Spanish term bobo which means "stupid fellow". The blue-footed booby breeds year round. The courtship of the Blue-footed Booby consists of the male flaunting his blue feet and dancing to impress the female. He flies around his territory, flaunting his blue feet in an exaggerated high-stepping strut, and presents pieces of nest material to the female. After making a courtship flight, the male Blue-footed Booby flashes his feet at the female Blue-footed Booby as he lands. Then each Blue-footed Booby tilts its bill up towards the sky and the male Blue-footed Boobygives a piercing whistle. The female Blue-footed Booby responds with groaning calls, and mating of the Boobies follows shortly afterwards. Individual Blue-footed Boobies do not eat with the hunting Booby group, preferring to dine on their own, usually in the early morning or late afternoon.

Heh heh.. boobies..

Le le le le

You are over here

Woah


i am

Tu.. est

une.. moutard.. extraordinaire

Sur le pain de rye

i am mustard...on rye?

EXTRAORDINARY MUSTARD

SORRY

Do not apologize

You are extraordinary mustard

You are a far better condiment than I

Lowly capers.


I do not even know what this is en francais

Perhaps.. capriers? capriettes.. capriettiers?

Forsooth

I am the asexual down of the milkweed pod

Upon the wind I float effortlessly over the land


I stop and rest my weary silveriness in the palms of laughing, crinkly eyed children

Only to be blown off again, to a new land


It is not a hard life

Yet, so many regrets

In my simple soul

One day I will surely meet the sea, and it will be the end of me


My soft guaze will go damp and matted against some shoreline pebbles

No one will weep

I would

A young man walks along the coast, nearly trampling me Howay lads, shes a canny lass, but ah am gannin yem neeo tuh me weeny broon kip. Ah will m
unch on shreddies the'da until ah puke. he laughs a deep laugh and his clint eastwood eyes head westward

And I long for the warmth of my humble pod

The sun dips lower as if into the sea that washes against me, threatening to pull me in with it with every inch of the moon in the sky I am dragged further out

And as it darkens, I get deeper


Until all is black

You've died

Do not think of it as that, small mustard

I will surely be snorted up by a young seal pup

And continue on

But for now I need a piss

No comments: