Monday, February 4, 2008

Breadsicle TechnoLust

Bewildered Wonderbread Pigeon

It's been a while, so today I set up my dusty old Wacom tablet to take her for a spin. Above is what I did with it. It is a digital depiction of one of the pigeons that live on our windowsill. I put bread out for them last night and this morning stumbled groggily into the kitchen to take my vitamins and heard a queer and persistent tapping. The bread had frozen and the pigeon was smacking it repeatedly against the window. He was not best impressed. Then I stuck my hand out with some fresh, non-breadsicle bread and he FREAKED OUT! It was great.

But anyroad, as you can see, I'm a little rusty. No fault of the equipment and I still love the little bastard, but today I have seen something that makes me look at it with a stubborn frown and dream of an upgrade. For today I have seen the future, my friends. I dont know why I didnt come across this sooner, thanks to Cory for showing
me the light. The future is Wacom's Cintiq 12WX LCD Pen Tablet. It allows you to draw right on the screen, like a digital sketchbook. Ultra precise, ultra stylish, zero delay. With 1,024 levels of pressure it reacts like a real pen on real paper. In short its the most beautiful piece of technology I have seen in a long time. It's also one thousand dollars...I'll stick with my #2 Ticonderoga for a while yet. A girl can dream though..

However, check out Gizmodo's absolutely glowing review RIGHT HERE, it has a great video of the tablet in action. Mmmmmmmm....


Baby Walrus - White Plastic Box.mp3


Miss Kittin - Machine Joy.mp3


The Owls - The Way On.mp3


Lime Spiders - Slave Girl.mp3

The Mountain Goats - Lions Teeth.mp3



This zombie moose is pretty cool.




2 comments:

juj said...

Thanks! not even 10 in the morning and already I'm dreaming of how to spend the money I haven't made yet... :P Loved your story about the pigeon. Loved you IF blanket ALOT.

Kara said...

Ha, I know what you mean juj, its so beautiful! Loved yours too, quirky >8)