Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

Plomp.

Today was a spectacularly Good Friday!

I woke up and did the dishes, drank a pot of green tea and ate half a dozen chocolate chip cookies for breakfast. After that I partook in some lazing around. Then our friend Jordan called and we rode our bikes up to the Queens Park station to meet him. We went for lunch at Kings Noodle House, which is probably my new favourite place in the city. If you want really fucking awesome Asian food, go there right now. GO! FUCKING GO RIGHT NOW!!!


I ate about 1000 little puffy egg custard buns, and had a humunnngous bowl of noodle soup while Jordan and Cory shared a giant plate of barbeque'd duck and pork. And they're open til 1am so when I get cravings for egg custard buns at midnight I can bike over there! Another pot of green tea was consumed.

Then we wondered around Kensington market, snacking on some
glutinous rice and bean curd thingies Jordan and I really dig. I bought a sweet apron with fruits on it for a toonie. Drank an iced tea.. and then we went to a second cup to warm our frozen bums annnnd I had a coffee. And THEN while Jordan waited for the bus back to Barrie we went to the Imperial Public Library and I had a BEER while zoning out on a comfy couch staring at the food network on the big screen. Needless to say I had to pee about 8 or 10 times on the way home. Holy shit. Very good day.

Oh, and I just made hummus!


Kara's Lazy Girl Hummus

1 can of chickpeas
2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped

1 lemon

3 spoonfuls of peanut butter
1 tsp cumin

salt and pepper
hot or sweet paprika if available


Drain chickpeas, saving the liquid in a separate bowl, and dump into a food processor. Squeeze juice out of one lemon, add peanut butter, cumin, salt and pepper and puree the crap out of it! If its too stiff, add some of the chickpea juice, its very tasty too. Eat with some pita breads or nacho chips! Im doin' it right now! Mmmmmmmmm HMM!

2 comments:

sybil said...

please remove the image that you are HOTLINKING from my webspace that I PAY FOR!

sybil said...

the image of HUMMUS