Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Weedy Yens

My fingers are itchy and the only relief is to push them slowly into cold black dirt and wiggle them about. That is until they hit anything else wiggling about, at which point all happiness becomes screaming. Summer is tough in the city. It's still beautiful and has its own perks-- patios! but I miss my backyard something fierce. Even up north at least when sunny weather finally came around-- August, I could go get lost in the wildness and collect handy weeds like some demented old hag. I would stuff all my treasures of sage, chamomile and feverfew into the pockets of my big blue jacket and take them up to my apartment. Very meticulously I would tie thrift store hanker chiefs around them and hang them upside down in my closet to dry. When they were nice and crinkly I would burn them, boil them, rub them into my hair or drink them while staring out the window. I miss being a stinky hippy bastard.

Chamomile Hair Rinse

4 cups boiling water
1 cup chamomile flowers

Pour the water over the chamomile; steep until it cools to lukewarm. Strain out the flowers and bottle. Rinse your hair with this after a shampoo. Keeps for a week.


Beck - Nightmare Hippy Girl.mp3

Singapore Sling - Summer Garden.mp3

The Wave Pictures - My Kiss.mp3

Komeda - Blossom (Got To Get It Out).mp3

Karen Dalton - Mole In The Ground.mp3


No comments: