Monday, February 16, 2009

Honey Songs


We got too much time to kill
like pigeons on my windowsill
we hang around


This apartment is lacking in the sweet stuff. I'm forced to get my quick fix from a squirt bottle of honey. When the sticky sweet hits my tongue I get goosebumps. I admit it will do the trick, until I can get a hit of Cadbury's.

An impromptu verse!


Rot Face

From outer space

Come over to my place
And do my dishes.

Wow that blew...
I'd do a haiku

if I knew how to

But I don't so fuck off

Bahhhh I don't want to do my homework, baaahhhhhhhhh. Here's some honey themed music for distraction.


Headless Heroes - Just Like Honey

Black Joe Lewis & The Honey Bears - Bitch I Love You


Amy Honey - Farley Mowat

Arthur Lewis - Honey & The Moon

And one of my favourite songs of all time..

Fats Waller - Honeysuckle Rose


Today was a most excellent day. It started off with making pancakes for breakfast with coffee AND orange juice, what luxury! Loafing about watching the X-Files. Sunny bike rides through the deserted city. Sitting on metal cows in the middle of the financial district. Chai lattes and talk of traveling away. Eating taco bell IN the theatre while watching a horror movie. Hair stroking and holding fingers in the dark. It was an idyllic few days actually.

We did our Valentines day schazzmo on Friday the 13th. Eating spicy stuff at the same Malabari restaurant we went to last year. This time it was packed which was really nice to see. We went cavorting through Honest Ed's and C-Word bought me a sweet saucier for sauciering things!

On V-Day we took the streetcar to China Town and had Chinese Lobster with Jordan. I watched the boys mow down on lobster carcass while I nibbled gingerly on some stir fried watercress. You could watch the waiters catch your lobster from a tank before you ate it. A large Grouper I nick named Thomas Dolby swam in one place staring at me with a look of discontent while I ate. After dinner we LITERALLY ran away from Jordan to catch a streetcar. He stood at the intersection waving goodbye, carrying a retro tennis bag filled with a mandolin. That night we laid naked in bed shoving chocolate into our mouths and drinking rye and cokes. Beautiful.

Now though I'm faced with the reality of coming back to a trashed apartment to eat honey out of the bottle for dinner and hover frowning over the pile of dishes in the sink. Boo!

BOO!

Anyway I have to do some homework, so bugger off will you.

Old Fashioned Pancakes
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 1 egg
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

No comments: